The TL program provides services to young adults to help them succeed; these services can include:
- Educational services including everything from learning to read to getting ready for and getting into a college or training program.
- Finding what kinds of jobs are out there, applying for jobs, and doing well in interviews.
- One-on-one counseling and help getting the skills needed to live on your own such as:
- How to manage your money.
- How to take care of your place.
- How to make smart spending decisions and what to do if you get into money trouble.
- What to do if you have a child and how to be a good parent.
- Where to go if you need to see a doctor or dentist.
- Where to go in your community to socialize and find support.
- How to find and keep safe housing.
You can get Transitional Living Services through classes and workshops and through local agencies who can work with you one-on-one.
Eligibility Criteria for Transitional Living Skills
- You are 18 or older but have not reached your 23rd birthday who is/was a current or former foster youth from state or tribal out of home care and
- You are/were in foster care in an established dependency through DCYF or a tribal child welfare agency for at least 30 days after your 15th birthday.and/or the contracted service provider.