This resume is highly focused. She makes it clear that her school work, activities, and volunteer work all help to qualify her for the job she is seeking.
10000 Tilley Rd. S. Seattle, WA 98108 (206) 999-9999
Objective: Administrative Assistant I with Swedish Hospital
Email, scheduling of appointments, create and maintain documents and spreadsheets with MS Office.
- Great with People. Able to communicate and work with a diverse group of people internally and externally, maintain rapport with the public and internal customers, participate as a team member.
- Writing. Able to edit and write reports and correspondence to a wide audience, review materials for accuracy, make suggestions and corrections.
- Organized. Able to prioritize tasks, manage workflow, gather information, and make educated decisions.
- Capable. Excellent with complex problems or issues involving communicating with people, coordination of work, and managing data.
- Thorough. Make decisions in context of safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Other. Excellent skills in math through calculus. Familiar with medical terminology and transcription.
Seattle Children’s Hospital Volunteer 2005-Present
Use MS Office to edit and create business documents for the Oncology department. Work directly with staff. Help families of patients to get needed resources and answer business related questions.
ASB Business Manager 2006
Created and managed business documents for a diverse student body. Managed ASB Budget, produced Financial Reports, and kept inventory on all assets using MS Excel. Worked closely with school staff, ASB officers and students to create a budget that reflected the priorities of all stakeholders.
French Club Secretary 2006
Coordinated with all participants to schedule meetings. Recorded and distributed minutes using MS Outlook and MS Word.
Tenino High School 2003-Present
Created consistently high quality reports and papers in a variety of subjects including science, english, french, and math using MS Office. Took initiative to meet with teachers regarding assignments when needed. Coordinated school with volunteer and extracurricular activities.
Honors and Awards
Honor roll member for four years; member of National Honor Society; 7th best G.P.A in class; team captain in soccer, basketball and tennis, Tenino Independent Award 2006; female nominee for the Wendy’s High School Heisman Award
Other Volunteer Work
Blood drive donor; food drives; Winterfest; Youth Basketball Camps 2003, 2004, 2006.