An important answer to this question is more opportunity.
It might be hard to stay in school if you think you need to be working to earn more money. But by attending college, a wider variety of job opportunities become available along with the chance to earn more money.
Did you know college graduates:
- Live longer, healthier lives!
- Are more likely to stay employed!
- Are more likely to enjoy their work!
- Can change careers more easily!
- Earn $20,000 a year or more compared to their peers who only receive their high school diploma!
Can’t I get a good job now?
Yes, maybe you can, but a college degree will make your chances even better.
Check out the earnings and unemployment rates for people 25 years and older with different levels of education:Source: U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, May 22, 2013.
Make the College Connection – A college planning guide for students and parents